Portfolio Managers are responsible for designing, managing and monitoring the execution of a mutually agreed bespoke set of business advisory services and solutions for entrepreneurs in the GCIC Incubator
Paying due attention to the customized set of GCIC services, Portfolio Managers organize and coordinate the intervention support to an enterprise to be supported by GCIC (Market Access, Access to Finance, Technology and Product Development), designing customized enterprise growth solutions for entrepreneurs
- An experienced professional and a strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial mindset, passionate about entrepreneurship, social entrepreneurship and sustainable development
- Knowledge or experience working with entrepreneurs
- Knowledge on current thinking and practices in the field of social entrepreneurship and sustainable development
- An individual that focuses on tangible results, has a collaborative “can do” attitude and one that seeks continuous improvement in themselves and in others
- A professional that is comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment, used to the pressure of high-profile projects, and can effectively work with colleagues, entrepreneurs and the development partners, whilst managing expectations of all parties and making sure to meet deadlines and other requirements.
- An individual that is available to travel frequently within Ghana to meet with, work with and engage with GCIC entrepreneurs as required
- Strategy development & implementation coordination of advisory and technical support to entrepreneurs
- Working with the entrepreneurs, especially at the early stage of intervention, to develop the enterprise’s business model canvas and then agree the enterprise’s short to medium term business goals and objectives; as well as the infrastructure, client, human capital and financial needs to achieve the business’s short and medium-term aspirations.
- Relaying and agreeing the enterprises needs to GCIC workstream leader; monitoring the support interventions of GCIC workstream leaders to entrepreneurs to ensure that it is consistent, of the needed quality and that it is timely and in line with agreed priorities and timelines
- Undertake site visits to entrepreneurs on a monthly or bio-monthly basis as may be needed, ensuring that entrepreneurs are (i) happy with the GCIC support, (ii) are implementing recommendations of intervention support areas, and (iii) ensuring that the enterprise is operating efficiently and effectively according to international best practice
- Encouraging the entrepreneurs to participate in GCIC’s value addition programs, such as Thought Leadership Series, Wellbeing, and where relevant, the Women Entrepreneurs program
- Supporting entrepreneurs to scale their enterprises effectively through GCIC interventions support, assisting them with sequencing of implementation, and general mentorship
- Manage the monitoring and reporting of the progress of entrepreneurs and their ventures, contributing to processes to measure, learn from and improve impact.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in business, economics or a related discipline. MBA preferred
- Deep knowledge of and experience with working with start-ups, entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs. Knowledge of and experience in working in the sustainability and climate change sector is highly desirable
- 5 years of progressively responsible leadership positions, with relevant accomplishments in the business sector/entrepreneurial ecosystem, the consulting sector, and or donor funded/international development sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong presentation skills required
Qualified and interested applicants should please email their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions is Monday 3rd July 2017