Background: The objective of the Ghana Climate Innovation Center (GCIC) is to establish local institutional capacity to support Ghanaian entrepreneurs and new ventures involved in developing profitable and locally-appropriate solutions to climate change mitigation and adaptation. Through its programs, activities and financing, the GCIC and its network of partners and stakeholders will provide a country-driven approach to solving climate, energy and resource challenges and support economic development through job creation.
Reports to: Executive Director-GCIC
Job Summary: The Ghana Climate Innovation Center at Ashesi is in search of an experienced Administrative Assistant/Project Administrator with excellent organizational skills for a full time position. This is person will work closely with the Executive Director of GCIC and the Project Team Leads in providing administrative assistance, and project management assistance in coordinating project work streams.
The project requires a self-motivated, multi-skilled person with strong administrative and operational skills, with an aptitude for writing.
- Aids the Executive Director and the Project Team Leads by managing records, information gathering, and office workflow
- Performs administrative duties for executive management.
- Handles highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Follows up on requests to the Executive Director and the Project Team Leads through correspondence, and makes sure that activities and commitments made are completed.
- Manages and maintains the Executive Director’s calendar, emails and telephone contacts
- Manages customer relations.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for managers or supervisors
- Prepares agendas for meetings and prepares schedules
- Records, compiles, transcribes and distributes minutes of meetings
- Maintains electronic and hard copy filing system
- Retrieves documents from filing system
- Handles requests for information and data
- Performs basic project management tasks
- Serves as liaison officer between GCIC, consortium partners and the World Bank in ensuring that documentation, and reports are submitted on time.
- Performs other duties appropriate to the post as may be assigned.
- BS/BA in business administration or management information systems is a plus
- Proven experience working in an administration or operational role
- Proven office organisational and file management skills, strong ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated high computer literacy: particularly with programmes in Microsoft Office/cloud computing
- Demonstrated experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- Understanding of and ability to work with policies and procedures of donor organisations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of working on with start-ups, accelerators, incubators
- Project coordination experience
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is required
Kindly submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Note that only successful applicants will be contacted.