Reports to: Director of IT
Other Relationships: Executive Team, Registrar, Heads of Department, Faculty and Staff, Alumni, Students.
Job Summary: Although, there are varied applications that would be used by Ashesi; it is the work of an application support officer/person to handle the specific details of such application(s). They need to check that the application(s) run smoothly and there are no discrepancies within the system - ensure that the different applications that are used are working smoothly without any hassles. If any problem is found in an application, the troubles should be solved as early as possible.
Summary of Duties
- Develop and maintain Management Information Systems (MIS) operational procedures and system standards.
- Prepare MIS operational and developmental reports, on monthly basis, for stakeholders
- Coordinating, planning, facilitating and communicating project milestones and activities for major MIS projects.
- Provide on-site technical support of software systems.
- Coordinate software systems being developed by outsourced software engineers.
- Monitor and track project progress against goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets.
- Develop and generate project status reports.
- Install, upgrade and configure software applications system.
- Responsible for maintaining servers and workstations.
- Perform system diagnosis, repair and updates to ensure data integrity; and reliability of automated tasks.
- Interface with users to identify computer related needs and provide appropriate software support applicable to those needs.
- Provide instruction to staff on the use of computer applications and systems, by assisting clients/customers in understanding the different ways in which they can make smart use of the application.
- Ensure routine backups are performed as outlined by the Backup and Restore Manual.
- Monitor the working of the different applications and check that all the work is being carried out smoothly.
- Explore the details of the applications thoroughly and then find out the possible problems.
- To constantly monitor the applications and keep looking for possible problems and fix them so that they can work smoothly.
- Should possess good organization skills to be able to effectively flow through the entire team.
- Should be technically proficient thus be equipped in solving major technical problems that may arise.
- Should be skilled in managing a wide variety of different tasks simultaneously.
- Must be skilled in analyzing the problems and delegating work in an efficient manner so that they can get the right solutions speedily.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamic CRM or any other CRM system is highly preferred.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery.
- 4 years of experience in software project implementations.
- Candidate should have Software programming skills in MySQL PHP, Java, Visual Basic etc
- Experience in Project Management Skills
- Experience with cloud applications and implementations.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to Able to conduct research into system design and analysis.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language with excellent customer service
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Four-year university degree or equivalent certification required, preferably in the field of computer science or other related academic fields
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and Office 365, cloud deployment, and ERP systems.
- PMP Certifications is an added advantage.