The Finance Manager will be responsible for performing general accounting duties as well as treasury management. The ideal candidate must prove strong sense of ethics, pay close attention to details, demonstrate leadership skills, be a collaborative team member and should be open to learning and growth.
Reports to: The Director of Finance
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Professional certification in Accounting; like ACCA or an equivalent qualification in Accounting will be an added advantage
- Minimum of Five (5) years supervisory experience in an accounting/finance role including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting; managing balance sheets and income statements, Cash flows, treasury, accounts receivable, etc
- Experience with any Accounting Software and advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, and financial modelling.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills; demonstrated written communication skills.
- Excellent accounting skills, Ability to work both independently and to collaborate with teams of individuals in diverse settings, with solution-oriented approach.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work well under pressure, including working with interruptions and deadlines; ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on schedule with attention to detail.
- Knowledge and skills in communicating effectively using public relations principles and practices
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Not less than five years work experience with foreign non-profit organization/higher educational institution and/or recognized auditing firm,
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse environment with students, faculty, staff, donor agencies and other stakeholders
The general duties for this position will include but not limited to the following:
- In charge of general accounting and controlling functions of the university. Eg. Accounts payables and receivable management.
- Ensure accuracy of financial data, general legers and fixed assets register.
- Track and report on endowment (sinking fund) investments. Ensure accuracy of documentation and proper filling of all transactions relating to the endowment fund.
- Costing and fixing of prices/rates for university products and services, including exchange rate management.
- Supervise billings and regular communication of same to students/guardians and/or customers of their accounts status with the university.
- Work with the accounts receivable team and the Director of finance to ensure revenue collection targets are achieved.
- Work directly with the officer in charge of accounts payable, payroll and assets management to ensure compliance, timely execution and delivery of reports
- Work with the Director of Finance to ensure strict adherence to internal control policies and procedures.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work of other accounting and finance staff to ensure timely reporting and auditing of university financials and projects.
- Ensure key periodic financial reports are delivered in a timely manner.
- Any other duties assigned by the Director of Finance or immediate and or authorized senior manager/supervisor.
Salary: Ghc82,000 to Ghc84, 000 annual gross
Application Process: Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter, CV and other relevant information as attachments to the Human Resource Director through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date for Submission of Applications: 31st July 2017.