As a pioneer in blending the liberal arts and sciences in Africa, Ashesi is recognised across Africa as a model for higher education. With a vision of African universities leading the continent's renaissance, we are reaching out to colleagues and partners across the world to build an idea-sharing platform; one where university leaders and stakeholders can collaborate to harness best practices in teaching, management, and administration.
- Venue: Ashesi University College, Berekuso, Ghana
- Date: 4th to 9th June, 2017
- Cost: $1000, including hotel accommodation, meals, conference material and transportation to and from campus.
What Makes a University Thrive?
Staying true to our belief in hands-on learning, the workshop will require participants to actively learn, share and co-design approaches to promote the goals of their institutions. The 6-day workshop will be fully packed with practical, and immersive exercises for participants. All sessions are driven by liberal arts and sciences teaching strategies in and out of the classroom, for both small and large institutions.
- Course design (with a focus on merging the liberal arts and sciences, innovation, and entrepreneurship)
- Building a student-centered institution and culture
- Building career support for exceptional graduate placement rates
- Fundraising excellence for institutional growth
- Applying design thinking in creating value fulfillment
"We want to reach people who care about influencing the impact of higher education through the systems and practices used by their institutions, right from their lecture halls to their offices. We will showcase successful teaching experiences that have worked at Ashesi and other partner institutions, with the hope that by beginning the conversation, we will co-design replicable models for greater output in higher education.” - Rose Dodd, Faculty Lead