The Ashesi Innovation Experience is an intense and exciting two-week enrichment program developed by faculty at Ashesi for senior high school students between the ages of 15 and 19. AIX expands the vision and broadens the aims of students, inspires them, challenges them, and equips them with concrete skills for innovation in the 21st Century: skills in leadership, design thinking, entrepreneurship, robotics programming and engineering. AIX is typically held in August of every year, and dates are announced at the beginning of the year. (This year's AIX run from the 5th to the 19th August, 2018.)
Students who participate in AIX will:
- Be exposed to the science of design and creative problem solving, leadership, entrepreneurship, robotics programming and engineering, through hands-on projects and experiential learning;
- Be ambassadors of Ashesi's mission wherever they find themselves; to spread the spirit of ethics, integrity, leadership and citizenship;
- Be part of a network of young innovators prepared to help change the face of business, technology and leadership in Africa
Start Online Application
- Eligibility: SHS 1 and 2; Forms 4, 5 and Lower 6
- 30th April, 2018
This two-week programme costs GHS2,000.00 for participants.* This covers:
• Accommodation on Ashesi's campus
• Transportation between Ashesi and selected locations
• Meals and refreshments
• Course material
• AIX branded items
*Please Note: Applicants are not required to make any payments prior to acceptance into the AIX programme. You will be required to make payments only after you have been accepted into the programme. The full programme cost of GHs4000 is subsidised by funding from the MasterCard Foundation and other generous partners.
Through AIX’s scholarship programme, financially disadvantaged applicants are eligible for partial or full financial support to cover the course fee for students. The AIX team reserves the right to evaluate and determine the scholarship package that will be awarded to any applicant who requests for it. Be sure to apply for a scholarship only if you need it, as scholarship funding is limited and your acceptance to the program may depend on the availability of sufficient funding.