Ashesi has another opportunity to send a student on the Semester at Sea 2013 programme this year. This is an all expenses paid 10-day voyage with other students from all over the world (Click here to read the story of our 2011 Semester at Sea student, George Neequaye '14). The selected student will join the ship at Morocco and sail back to Ghana, stopping at various ports along the way. You will also serve as an ambassador for Ashesi and share cultural information about Ghana with everyone on the ship. All students interested in this opportunity should carefully review the application criteria below and apply by Tuesday, August 20th 2013. You will be invited for an interview if you are short listed.
Criteria for selection:
All prospective applicants must be students of Ashesi and must have the following:
1. Must have completed at least two years of your academic work at Ashesi
2. Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or better at the time of application
3. Hold a valid Ghanaian passport (Please add a scanned copy of the biodata page of your passport)
4. Have consent from parents to embark on this 10days voyage (attach a signed consent from parents)
5. In 500 words, i)tell us why you should be chosen for this opportunity, ii)how you will be a good ambassador for Ghana and Ashesi on the voyage, and iii)how you will impact the Ashesi community with what you learn on the ship.
Please send all applications to the Associate Director of Diversity and International Student Advising, Millicent Adjei, by Tuesday, August 20th 2013. The chosen applicant will receive more information about the travel schedule.
The Semester at Sea program in Ghana is being organized by LandTours Ghana Limited, a private travel company that has been operating in the country for the past decade. LandTours will organize dozens of trips for Semester at Sea students all over Ghana to help them learn more about our rich culture and traditions.