On December 8, 2010, the Ashesi Judicial Committee (AJC) ruled against a student for academic dishonesty. The student plagiarized by copying and pasting vast portions of another Ashesi student’s paper from a website for a Leadership IV course. During the hearing the student admitted to plagiarism.
- The student will receive a failing grade for the Leadership IV course.
- The incident would be on the student’s file for reference in the event of another AJC case.
The AJC hopes that others learn from this case and avoid making the same mistake. The AJC would especially like to advise students of the following:
- Learn how to reference properly and seek help and clarification from lecturers on referencing.
- Avoid procrastination and begin assignments early.
- Visit the Writing Center for help on referencing and writing papers.