Ashesi is a world-class liberal arts university located at Berekuso, approximately an hour's drive from Accra, Ghana’s capital city. We currently have approximately 20 full-time faculty, with an added number of adjuncts, international visiting faculty and Fulbright scholars, teaching across a core curriculum and courses in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, and Engineering. Faculty at Ashesi share a passion for teaching and a dedication to the growth of students, and collaborate across a wide range of research interests.
We are seeking applicants for full-time and part-time faculty positions in our Computer Science Department, which oversees two undergraduate majors: Computer Science and Management Information Systems.
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related fields; a masters degree with relevant teaching experience will also be considered for adjunct and assistant lecturer positions
- Willingness to work on a team to develop an innovative and world class curricula
- Willingness to teach in a participatory environment
- Willingness to engage in research and supervise undergraduate projects
- Demonstrated capability in the use of computer technology
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Familiarity with the liberal arts method of instruction. An undergraduate education at a liberal arts college is a plus
- Ability to design and deliver any of the courses below:
Computer Graphics, IT Infrastructure, Introductory Computing/Information Technology, Introductory Python Programming, Introductory and Intermediate Java Programming, Human Computer Interaction, Design Thinking, Software Engineering, Web Programming, Algorithm Design and Analysis, Parallel Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Operating Systems, Computer Networks, Introductory and Advanced Database Systems and Programming, Information Systems Project Management, Information Systems Strategy, Management & Acquisition
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A one or two-page statement of teaching philosophy and professional development interests, explaining the benefits of the proposed approach to teaching
- Name and contact addresses of three professional references, of whom at least two can directly attest to teaching and student mentoring capabilities or potential
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and may also be asked to conduct an academic seminar.